You swing best when you have the fewest things to think about. ~Bobby Jones
It’s easy not to notice the mind and emotional fog. It sneaks up on you.
The atmosphere, not the weather or oxygen, but the atmosphere of click bate, deadlines, social media distractions, binge tv, binge drinking, dieting, shopping, traffic, getting ahead…STOP!!
We need clarity. What can we do to slowly but surely bring clarity back into our daily deal.
James Clear It’s funny how peoples names often coincide with what they do – that’s another post. James has made it his mission to recognize and help bring clarity and focus back into our lives. He’s onto something – check him out.
Event without reading Mr. Clear, the following can be good first steps:
- Pick a day a week to donate or trash something you haven’t used in last year. And get rid of it – instant feel good.
- REMOVE Facebook from your phone. Just your phone – you will not miss it.
- Create a repeatable morning routine – what ever that is for you that sets you off on the right foot. This takes some trial and error. It’s worth it.
- Sleep – ideally, go to bed early enough so that you don’t need an alarm clock- May not be possible, but if you can, it will be a huge payoff to your clarity. At least, figure out how to average 7 hours minimum.
- Practice Saying NO! Say NO to anything that doesn’t fit into your goals and current purpose, direction. Say No – it’s ok.
- Drink Less Alcohol – this can be really difficult at first, it may change who you hang out with – after 30 days, you mind will be clearer and you will feel better and your friendships may be about more than drinking.
Simplify where ever you can and practice being present and clear. Become aware of what that feels like and remove that in your life that disrupts it.
Elegance is a flow that is natural,
It doesn’t try, it doesn’t compare, it doesn’t worry…
Never complicated, Elegance only maintains what is necessary to achieve it’s purpose
Elegance is form that draws from the Devine; reflects the eternal harmony.
Elegance is rare. Yet you can see it in a sunrise or in a child’s’ generosity.
To be Elegant, you must be your pure self and selfless, it is not effort but very difficult to achieve.
Our best teachers start a fire inside us. The fire will last a life time if you tend to it.
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” – Henry Ford
Watch this Amazing 103 year old women – still loving the life long learning of Dance
Learning, unlike a degree, is life long and makes life long. The more you learn the more each minute is lived. Each scene, each emotion, each relationship is enhanced through your leaning.
Learning keeps you young. Tending to that fire of curiosity keeps our mind and spirit active.
Learning is the path to the gift of the Holy Spirit – Wisdom. Wisdom is within-accessible to all of us; is a gift to us. This spirit becomes more accessible if we humble ourselves and seek to learn.
The curiosity to learn a new skill, sport, discipline, hobby – keeps you alert, on on the right path and away from the stress and damage of pride and arrogance.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. – Matthew 11:29
You sit in a chair.
The chair is, to your surprise, a time machine.
You suddenly wake in Germany with a popular leader – Adolph Hitler.
What do you do?
The accelerating daily demands and distractions blind us to The Way.
A peaceful existence is available if you understand that your daily distractions do not control you. That promotion, your child’s lessons, your mounting debt, your relationships are temporary and will all pass over time.
You can feel it if you try. Those moments when, perhaps looking at a sunset or sitting by the ocean, getting a hug from a loved one, or just closing you eyes for a moment you can find that place inside that is always at peace. Look for it.
The Lord Said, I am the light of the world, whoever follows me will have the light of life. JN 8-12
That light is in all of us. We must seek it and reconnect. This light leads to The Way. The Way to peace, the path of truth which is always at peace. Steal away a moment to find it in your heart – its there and it connects you to all that is real.
Anchor yourself to it and your daily demands become less demanding.